Tuesday 22 February 2011

Saudade do Brasil!



It's February and any Brazilian would understand me. It's summer time, people are enjoying the beach, the sun, their caipirinhas and everyone can feel that carnival is just around the corner. What a great time of the year. There is something about the air in Brazil at this time, people are happy, friendly and everything ends in Samba! Yes, I'm jealous. Very jealous, indeed.
 I love London to bits and I almost consider myself a Londoner, but at the end of the day, the blood that runs in my body is so very Brazilian.
As you have probably noticed already, I am super proud of my country. We all are. With all due respect for every country in the world, we are basically the coolest! ( There is an actual survey that came out with such results.) :)
Talk about pride, Rio de Janeiro based designer Lidice Caldas is a patriot. Amongst her pretty designs is the Christ pendant. It doesn't get any more Brazilian than that.
Above, Lidice's necklace and below a few snaps of my beautiful homeland.


Olinda, city that has on of the most traditional carnival parades in Brazil.
Olinda - PE
Last year's costume fitting for the parade in Rio.

Sunset in Rio de Janeiro

My gorgeous sister at the Street Carnival in Rio.

Rio de Janeiro

2 comments:

  1. Loved the pendant!! Where can I find it? Do I have to go to Rio?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re, Look at her website, she is called lidice caldas. Her shop is in Leblon, Rio but maybe you can buy online! beijos

    ReplyDelete