Wednesday 23 March 2011

Our love affair with Liz.

Today the world lost one of the most iconic women of our times.
Elizabeth Taylor has enchanted the world with her violet eyes, amazing life story, acting career and her work as a philanthropist.
Liz had an unmatched love for jewellery. She believed that she never really owned any of those pieces of jewellery, she  only considered herself their guardian. Today, I pay tribute for a woman whose story will be continually  repeated over many years to come.


Her best selling book "My love affair with jewelry" tells the story of her passion for jewellery and showcases her most exquisite pieces. An example is the Taylor-Burton ring presented to her by Richard Burton.





“As I look at some of my jewels I realize what a very lucky girl I am. Sometimes I wonder what will become of everything, because just like the Duchess of Windsor’s collection, they will all be up for auction one day. They will be scattered to the four corners of the world, and I hope that whoever buys each piece loves it as much as I do and takes care of it and realizes that having jewelry is a temporary gift. In truth, we ‘owners’ are just the caretakers. Nobody owns beautiful paintings. Nobody ever owns anything this beautiful. We are only the guardians.” – Elizabeth Taylor, My Love Affair With Jewelry

No comments:

Post a Comment