Sunday 6 March 2011

Linda

Third week into my Silversmith Course and I love it even more! My silver box is coming together and so far I'm happy with the results. My teacher Linda Robertson is brilliant. She is very particular about how she wants things done, and also, because she knows I want to make jewellery she gives me so many tips, I love her. As I am a little ahead with my box, while the other students get to the same stage, she has helped me making a ring. It is still early stages, but hopefully it will come together nicely.
Linda is originally from the Isle of Bute, Scotland. One of her very special creations is the inventive handle-less teapot. The pot is held in both hands to be poured. Such gesture is remindful of Japanese tea rituals and also a sign of friendship when serving tea to a companion. To keep the tea hot and the hands cool, Linda worked hard with an engineer to perfect the thermal insulation.
She used sterling silver, 9c white gold, 3 microns hard gold plating and insulating thermal plastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment