Sunday 13 March 2011

Hatton Garden


Hatton Garden is the London's Disneyland for jewellery designers.
Known as the city's quarter for jewellery, the area is also known for being the United Kingdom centre for diamond trade and has being since the Medieval times.
This week I will make my first trip to the area as a "jewellery designer", I need to get my tools kit ready so I can design and make pieces at home. I think I'll feel very professional when I get a torch, hard solder, silver sheets....
I am so excited!! Can't wait to start putting my ideas into gold and silver and to see them coming to life!
Soon, I hope to have a finished piece that I can post a picture of so you guys can take a look and tell me what you think!
I have done handmade jewellery and beaded pieces for a while, but this time I am actually making proper precious metal bits and I'm over the moon with joy!
Thank you to all of you that have been visiting the blog, in less than a month I've had almost 800 visits!
I hope everyone has a wicked week!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment