Wednesday 1 June 2011

S.M.I.L.E

It has been a mad few weeks, I went to Brazil to see my family and friends and since last week I have been in NYC, which will be my home for the summer.
Since I got here, I have walked all over town, either to get things for the house, to go on appointments or even to yoga, and there is one thing I've noticed.
I love jewelry (I'm writing "jewelry" the American way for the summer) and everybody knows it by now, so one thing I pay attention to in places I go is what the trend is, what  people wear, etc...
There is no way I wouldn't realize that we are in the midst of an "Initial Craze".
They are everywhere and everybody is wearing it. Little gold medals/charms with engraved initials hanging from a thin chain. Some are simple and simply have the metal marked, others have diamonds set and the list goes on. Some are wearing their own initials whilst others have full words on show.
Either way, a lovely touch to our everyday looks.
Below, a few pictures from pendants made by NYC based designer Helen Ficalora, whose shop is located at 21 Cleveland Place, NY 10012 and website is: www.helenficalora.com



Another thing worth mentioning is that Helen Ficalora has on sale special charms with words like "smile" and"care" engraved on it, and 25% of the profits go to organizations like Jacob's Cure and CARE, who help children with a rare neurological disorder and help fight poverty, respectively. For more information go to www.jacobscure.org and www.care.org


No comments:

Post a Comment